Philadelphia, March 15, 2013– The City of Philadelphia is continuing to host a series of one-on-one, “drop-in” outreach sessions with City staff to help residents understand the Actual Value Initiative and how it may affect them. Residents can learn how to apply for the Homestead Exemption, how to read their Assessment Change Notice and how to complete their First Level Review request form. Residents should bring their Assessment Change Notice, Homestead Exemption form and First Level Review form, which were mailed to residents beginning February 15. Information will also be available on other tax-relief programs.
Upcoming outreach sessions are as follows:
- Saturday, March 16, 10am-2 pm – Chestnut Hill Library, 8711 Germantown Avenue
- Saturday, March 16, 10am-5 pm – Francisville Recreation Center, 1737-39 Francis Street
- Saturday, March 23, 10am-5pm – Bethel Chapel, 4100 K Street
- Saturday, March 23, 10am-5pm – Roxborough Memorial Hospital, 5800 Ridge Avenue
- Monday, March 25, 6pm-8pm – Overbrook Library, 7422 Haverford Avenue
- Wednesday, March 27, 6pm-9pm – Calvary Temple, 3301 South 20th Street
- Wednesday, March 27, 6pm-9pm – Protestant Homes, 6500 Tabor Avenue
Additional dates and locations may be added.
For more information about AVI, property owners can call the Office of Property Assessment hotline at 215-686-9200 or go online to www.phila.gov/opa.